Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1.3 Roadmap

Well since launching Ume Outliner 1.2, I've had some time to think about where I want Ume Outliner to go. After digging around some forums about outlining and seeing how people use outliners, I've decided to change the roadmap for 1.3 (yup, I can do that).

Firstly, I'm currently in the process of changing the tree interface. This isn't a huge change but it will allow me to add column support in the future. The only noticeable difference to you will be that the editing area will be a lot more flexible.

Secondly, I will need to do some code cleanup. This will keep the application stable and allow me to add features easily.

Collapsible notes is another feature I would like to add to 1.3. Currently all notes are open by default which may not make sense at times. I'm going to add a means of toggling that.

And finally, styles. I have a working alpha that allows you to set heading styles for each level in the outliner. For example, level 1 items can have Arial black, and level 2 items can have Georgia orange.

And that's what I have in store for 1.3.




No comments:

Post a Comment